Read more about our daily hiking tours in the Skopje area..
There is an abundance of hiking trails in the vicinity of Skopje, on the mountains of Skopska Crna Gora, Vodno, Matka canyon and Karadzica.
Hiking in the Skopje area
Mt. Vodno - Matka
Departure to the summit of the nearby mountain of Vodno by cable car. From there we go hiking to the Matka canyon (moderate hiking, length: 13km, 3 hours). The vast Matka Canyon is a protected natural reserve and home to several medieval monasteries, amazing caves and a wide variety of plants and animals. Located just 15 km from Skopje, with its steep cliffs and limestone rocks, it is one of Macedonia's most popular mountaneering and climbing areas. You will also be offered boat trip and visit of the Vrelo cave. We will have lunch at a local restaurant in a nearby village. We return to Skopje in the late afternoon / early evening hours.
Matka area walking trails
There's few short and beautiful hiking trails in the Matka canyon, and these trails can be combined with sightseeing of the cultural amenities in the area.
Mt. Skopska Crna Gora
Skopska Crna Gora is one of the most remarkable mountains in the vicinity of Skopje. There's a number of hiking trails with different length, altitude differences and duration, so you are able to choose in dependance with your requirements.
Karadzica is part of the Jakupica mountain massif, and an increasingly popular destination for mountaineers. We will take you for day hike to the northern part of this beautiful mountain, including Mt. Ostri Vrv (2263m asl) and/or Mt.Ubava (2353m asl), as well as the Salakovi lakes (2000m asl).
Hiking photos from the Skopje area:
Price (per person):
Please inquire (price depends on group size)
- Transportation during the trip
- Guidance by experienced mountain guide
- Snack lunch on site (beverages excluded)
- Transport to/from point of departure
- Cable car on Mt. Vodno (payment on the spot)
- Optional activities (boat trip in the Matka canyon; payment on the spot)
- Travel insurance
- Individual expenses
* This is non scheduled tour with flexible dates.
What you'll need:
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothing (in winter months)
- Small backpack
- Locations: Skopje area
- Group size: 2-12 persons
- Best time to go: Year round
- Place of departure: Your hotel/hostel
- Duration: Full day
- Reservations: 2 days before
- Time of departure: Daily, 07:00 am
- Confirmation for this product is received within 24h
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated