Read more about our daily hiking trips in the Ohrid area..
The area of Ohrid is abundant with great opportunities for hiking, both in the area of the Galicica national park, as well as the beautiful area in the vicinity of the village of Vevcani.
Hiking in the Ohrid area
Galicica national park (Mt. Magaro)
This hiking day trip in the Galicica National Park leads us to Mt.Magaro (2255m asl), the highest peak between lakes Ohrid and Prespa. The summit offers spectacular lake and mountain views. We'll then drive to Trpejca on the shores of Lake Orhid for lunch before transfering back to Ohrid. Route info: Walk distance approx 2-3 hours, 8km, 680m of ascent and 733m of descent.
Vevcani area (Vevcani - Peak Crn Kamen - Gorna Belica - Vevcani)
Route info: Mt. Crn kamen (2258 m asl); Total denivelation 3400 m; Distance 21.8 km; Average hiking time 8h15min; Grade: moderate to difficult
This hiking day trip starts at the springs near the Church of St Rusa Sreda.
A) Village Gorna Belica, 5.2 km, 1h45min
B) Peak Crn Kamen (one way), 12.9 km, 5h45min
Hiking photos from the Ohrid area:
Price (per person):
Please inquire (price depends on group size)
- Guidance by experienced mountain guide
- Snack lunch on site (beverages excluded)
- Transport to/from point of departure
- Entrance fees (Galicica national parks, payable on spot)
- Travel insurance
- Individual expenses
* This is non scheduled tour with flexible dates.
What you'll need:
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothing (in winter months)
- Small backpack
- Locations: Galicica national park / Mt. Jablanica
- Group size: 2-12 persons
- Best time to go: Year round
- Place of departure: Your hotel/hostel
- Duration: Full day
- Reservations: 2 days before
- Time of departure: Daily, 07:00 am
- Confirmation for this product will be received in the same day the booking is made
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated