During our truffle walking day trip You’ll enjoy some hours walking through typical Shar Planina forest, picking truffles along with a local guide, also an expert, but mostly a friend who will teach how to find truffles with dog.
Take a scenic walking route of the slopes of Shara, learn how truffles are cultivated and truffle dogs are trained, and go on a hunt for “black or white gold” (depending of the season) with the first professional Macedonian hunter who know great deal about these mushrooms. The tour will finish with freshly cooked al fresco lunch (with truffles of course:), accompanied with local home made truffle infused rakija, wine and honey. Return to Skopje is at the late afternoon hours.
– Transportation from Skopje or other cities (car or minivan; depending on the group size)
– Walk in the woods with truffle searcher (accompanied with our translator)
– Light breakfast on the move
– 3 course traditional lunch with fresh truffles (and included local alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages)
– Contribution to the local community for their ongoing tourism project
– Optional activities
– Travel insurance
– Individual expenses
* This is non scheduled tour with flexible dates.
Number of Participants: 2 – 6
Tour grade: //
Prices: Confidential prices for TOs available upon request. Price depends on the number of participants.