During the Roman Empire the province of Macedonia was one of the most important regions for grape cultivation in the Empire. While the Ottomans ruled over the area, wine production was kept alive in Macedonia’s monasteries. During the 1980s, Macedonia accounted for two-thirds of all wine production in Yugoslavia. Macedonia’s wine producers bring together the natural advantages of the region with the best of modern wine making technology to produce the pre–eminent regional Balkan variety Vranec (VRAN–ets) and other local and international varieties. The intense aromas of the Macedonian wines are the result of the combined influence of the Mediterranean and continental climates, with warm summer days and cooler nights. Macedonia produces all styles of wine – dry and sweet, still and sparkling, red, white and rose.
On our tour guided by Ivana You will have the chance to visits some of Macedonia’s most renowned wine districts, whilst learning about the history of viticulture, varieties of grape, and the process of wine making.
Day 1 Arrival in Skopje
Day 2 Exploration & wine tasting in Skopje WD
Day 3 Exploration of Ohrid
Day 4 Wine tasting in Vevchani
Day 5 Exploration of Bitola and Prilep. Wine tasting in Veles and Demir Kapija
Day 6 Wine tasting in Kavadarci
Day 7 Wine tasting in Negotino. Return to Skopje
Day 8 Departure from Skopje
– Transportation (car, minivan or minibus with dedicated driver; depending on the group size)
– Hosting by our wine specialist Ivana
– Accommodation in hotels (hotel category can be chosen in accordance with Your request)
– All meals (selection of traditional dishes from locally sourced ingredients, typical for each area; beverages excl.)
– Entrance fees in archaeological sites and national parks
– Individual airport transfers
– Single supplement
– Optional activities
– Travel insurance
– Individual expenses
* This is non scheduled tour with flexible dates. We recommend May-October
Number of Participants: 2 – 12
Tour grade: //
Prices: Confidential prices for TOs available upon request. Price depends on the number of participants.